FRANKSTON FOOTBALL CLUB
POSITION TITLE: FFCW Playing/Non-Playing Assistant Coach – Women’s Program (SEWFL).
REPORTS TO: Senior Coach, Women’s Football Manager.
KEY RELATIONSHIPS: Playing group, assistant coaches, high performance manager, club
trainers and allied health staff.
The role of the assistant coach is to assist the senior coach in all coaching requirements for
Frankston’s women’s football program. The assistant coach will be required to coach and
develop the players under the direction of the senior coach, with some support from the VFL
team’s coaches and staff. The assistant coaches are also responsible for preparing and
implementing weekly training plans for the squad and managing a line (back
line/midfield/forward line) both at training and on match day, ensuring the highest possible
coaching standards across the club’s women’s football program.
Key responsibilities include the design and implementation of the program’s coaching
curriculum. To achieve their potential, players are to be coached in such a way that develops the
skills, physical attributes, football knowledge, personal characteristics and self-esteem of each
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
● Work in a collaborative and effective manner with other key staff – co-coaches, team
manager, women’s football manager, trainers, medical staff, runners, players, volunteers,
club members, etc.
● Provide specialist coaching services and development activities to improve and develop
the Frankston FC Women’s Football Program.
● Motivate and inspire squad members, enabling them to maximise their potential in the
● Create and manage a healthy, competitive and positive team environment whilst striving
to succeed in the South Eastern Women’s Football League competition.
● Ensure player wellbeing is a priority and that players with injuries are managed
effectively, including adherence to rehabilitation programs prescribed by relevant medical
● Be a leader in upholding and adhering to the program and club’s core values.
Planning and execution of the women’s program
● Delivery of a pre-season program.
● Facilitate training drills, incorporating game day preparation and injury prevention.
● Delivery of prescribed technical model and tactical model.
● Provide appropriate feedback on player performance.
● Form part of the selection committee.
● Ensure players are adhering to program and club values.
● Ensure that all equipment is cared for appropriately.
● Attend two preseason sessions a week.
● Attend two training sessions per week, plus weekly matches.
● Attend coaching/support staff meetings as required.
● Attend club activities, functions and personal development sessions as required.
Knowledge and skills
● Understand the needs and priorities of individual players and the team.
● Strong planning, organisational and administrative skills.
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Qualifications and Experience
● Maintain the relevant registration and accreditation with Coach.AFL at all times, including
applicable state working with children clearance.
● Prior coaching experience or elite football playing experience and a keen interest.
● Australian driver’s license.
Behaviours and Attributes
● Commitment to excellence; coach players to the best of your ability.
● Comply with all applicable rules, regulations and policies including the Coaches Code of
Conduct, the National Player Transfer Regulations, the National Deregistration Policy
and applicable State & League Football Body rules.
● Create a positive team environment, positively influence and inspire others to be the best
player and the best version of themselves.
● Strive to meet individual players’ needs and treat all members with respect and empathy,
including managing sensitive information with discretion.
● Ensure that you uphold the values of the Frankston Football Club.
● Relevant Coaching Accreditation.
● Working with Children/Working with Vulnerable People Check.
● Australian driver’s license.
● First Aid Certificate.
● Level 2 Coaching Accreditation.
● Current Provide/Perform CPR.
Anthony Radings – email@example.com
Jess Jones – firstname.lastname@example.org -0417 560 438