What an amazing weekend of football honouring all those who have served our country past and present.
Lest we Forget!
- Luke Beveridge coached the Western Bulldogs to a 32 point win over the Brisbane Lions. 122-90
- Matthew Boyd gaining 23 Disposals/ 5 Marks and 2 Tackles
- In the Anzac Eve Game between the Tigers and the Demons the Tigers took the chocolates 88-75.
- Despite this one the highlight was the return of Michael Hibberd (Melbourne) who, after almost 18 month absence, looked like he had not missed a game at all.
- Michaels disposals been 27 6 marks and a goal with a fantasy team points of 97.
- For those who play fantasy football may be worth looking at a trade to fit Michael into your teams.
- A few Demons fans I know were very excited by his game. He was also named in the Demons Best Players for the night.
- Rounding out things at the AFL Level, Essendon’s Mark Baguley will be on a high after the Bombers beat Collingwood in the annual Anzac Day Clash 100-82
- Marks stats today 18 Disposals/ 6 Marks.
- Geelong 44 lost to Port 96
- Daniel Capiron playing for Geelong with 19 disposals/ 8 marks
- Box Hill Hawks 128 def Coburg 62
- Blake Mullane named in Coburg’s best players with an 18 disposals/ 7 marks/ 2 tackle game.
- Ryan Exon also named in Coburg’s best players with a 14 disposals/ 3 marks/ 5 tackles
- Sandringham 61 lost to Richmond 86
- Michael Robinson, time keeper extraordinaire, settling into his new surrounds at Sandy and got to witness Brandon Wood for Richmond kick 1 Goal and have a 24 disposal/ 2 Mark/ 6 tackle game.
- Northern Blues 101 def Williamstown 80
- 4 former Dolphs lined up with Willy this weekend. Leading the charge Ben Cavarra named in Willy’s best with 1 goal/ 17 disposals/ 2 marks/ 3 tackles
- Josh Newman 16 disposals/ 4 marks/ 1 tackle
- Kyle Gray 16 disposals/ 2 marks/ 1 tackle
- Daylan Kempster 3 disposals/ 3 tackles
- Redland 68 lost to NT Thunder 107
- Boyd Bailey kicked a goal for Redland
- Southport 107 beat Canberra Demons 51
- Rob Clements kicked 1 goal for Southport
- Sydney Swans 91 defeated GWS 55
- Nic Newman played a great game and won’t be long before pushing for senior selection at the Swans once more.
- Claremont 45 went down to Subiaco 100
- Subiaco – Leigh Kitchin 19 disposals/ 4 marks/ 6 tackles/ 6 inside 50’s and 1 goal
- West Perth 85 had a thrilling 5 point win over Swan Districts 80
- West Perth – Michael Lourey 8 disposals/ 5 marks/ 1 tackle/ 1 hitout/ 4 inside 50’s and 3 goals
- Scott Simpson 18 disposals/ 7 marks/ 1 tackle/ 32 hitouts and 1 inside 50
- Rounding out the WAFL South Fremantle 100 defeated East Fremantle 59
- Shane Hockey 19 disposals/ 2 marks/ 3 tackles and 7 inside 50’s
Hoping everyone has had a great long weekend and once again to all those who have served our country thank you for your dedicated service and sacrifices.
Lest We Forget!