G’day all another full on weekend of Football with Former Dolphins showing the way in various competitions around the country.
- Karingal played Pines at Mornington Isuzu Stadium and those who were there to witness saw Aaron Edwards been the big difference between the two sides kicking no less than 9 goals.
- Hopefully my Karingal lads can reverse the score next time around later on in the year. That being said it was great seeing supporters enjoying the football &the sunshine at a great venue.
- Now onto how the Dolphin Lads performed at AFL and State Leagues this weekend.
- Geelong opened their new stand and facilities on Friday night as they hosted the Boys of the Bulldog Breed but Luke Beveridge and his team were unable to upset the Geelong Party going down 104 – 81
- One Dolphin in with Tory Dickson and one out Matthew Boyd for the Western Bulldogs.
- Tory Dickson – 11 Disposals, 6 Marks, 7 Tackles and 2 Goals with a Fantasy Team Points of 88
- St.Kilda Hosted the Swans and felt the wrath of a team on a winning spree going down 68 -118
- Nic Newman backed up his fifth game performance with another stellar performance in his sixth.
- 30 Disposals, 7 Marks, 1 Tackle and 1 Goal Fantasy Points: 113
- GWS and Richmond fought out a thriller with the Tiger faithful bemoaning another close loss and losing by 3 points. GWS 78 Richmond 75
- Richmond – Sam Lloyd 13 Disposals, 5 Marks ,2 Tackles, 1 Goal Fantasy Points: 67
- Essendon continue to impress this time demolishing West Coast Eagles by ten goals 125 to 64
- Essendon – Mark Baguley 26 Disposals, 14 Marks, 2 Tackles Fantasy Points: 120
- Melbourne and North Melbourne met in a heated clash with the Kangaroos taking the chocolates 90 – 104
- Melbourne – Michael Hibberd named in Melbourne’s best players with 33 Disposals, 7 Marks, 1 Tackle Fantasy Points: 106
- Michael was named in Melbourne’s Best Players
- South Fremantle lost to East Perth by 1 point in a thriller 70 to 71
- South Fremantle – Shane Hockey 27 Disposals, 1 Mark, 4 Tackles, 5 inside 50’s
- Shane was named in South Fremantle’s Best Players
- Subiaco cemented their spot on top the ladder with a 2 Game buffer in their win over East Fremantle 108 – 77
- Subiaco – Leigh Kitchin 30 Disposals, 4 Marks, 7 Tackles and 4 Inside 50’s
- Leigh named in Subiaco’s Best Players
- Lachlan Delahunty 17 Disposals, 4 Marks, 39 Hit Outs 7, Inside 50’s
- West Perth 92 defeated Claremont 60
- West Perth – Michael Lourey 11 Disposals, 3 Marks, 1 Tackle, 1 Hit Out 1, Inside 50 and 3 Goals
- Scott Simpson – 16 Disposals, 6 Marks, 5 Tackles, 12 Hit Outs, 2 Inside 50’s and 1 Goal
- Redland 62 lost to Canberra Demons 73
- Canberra: Josh Bennett 1 Goal
- Alex Smout played in this game for Canberra as well as Boyd Bailey for Redlands.
- Coburg 61 lost to Essendon 150
- Coburg – Ryan Exon named in Coburg’s Best Players
- Williamstown 126 def Richmond 71
- Williamstown – Ben Cavarra and Joshua Newman named in Williamstown’s Best Players.
- That concludes the weeks wrap up of the round, next weekend brings us Interleague Games good luck to all those involved.
- May your Footballing week be a great one and what you expect if not then there is always next week.
Wombat – Pete